FIRST LEGO® League (FLL), created through a partnership between FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) and The LEGO Group, inspires future scientists and engineers.
- Learn teamwork skills
- Build self-confidence, knowledge and life skills
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Design, build and program autonomous robots
- Use LEGO MINDSTORMS® technologies
- Engage in online community
- Compete in tournaments and present their solutions to a panel of judges
How FLL Works:
- Teams of up to 10 kids, grades 5-7
- Adult coaches and mentors
- Schools, home schools, churches, civic groups, neighborhood groups
- Parents, teachers, community volunteers
- Corporate sponsors
- New real-world game challenge each year
- Sports-like tournament events with judges and awards
What FLL Offers:
- Discovery of the fun in science and technology
- Real-world application of science and math concepts
- Hands-on problem solving
- Programming experience
- Research presentation project
- Adult role models
- Teamwork skills
- Self-esteem and confidence
For the 2011-2012 competition season, Aquidneck Island Robotics will fielded five FIRST Lego League teams. These teams will gave 50 local middle school students the chance to learn the importance of science and technology at an early age. Our teams will be competed at the Rhode Island FLL Championship Tournament in January 2012 at Roger Williams University.
The 2012-2013 FLL season will begin late summer 2012. The dues for this season will be $100.
For more information on FLL, please contact us.